Great Steaks @ Hot Rocks

We got lost looking for it in Libis the first time. I read about it in an article on the newspaper.  It was suppose to serve "angas beef".  Angas since the beef came from Batangas and not from the U.S. which exports angus beef.

Anyway, we found Hot Rocks right beside Shopwise.  It was a biiiig metal cargo crate which they installed aircon and added a second floor to it.

They serve steaks (among others), which I found really good.  Regular steaks (ranging from 150-170) are like half inch thick. It's grilled according to your taste, the waitress will ask if you want it well done, medium rare or rare. Large cut (@270) is an inch thick. Like the regular steak, it covers three-quartes of the plate (around 6-7 inches in width). I had a large cut (obvious), cooked well done. Smelled good, tasted better :) The beef was tasty.  It was juicy and tender, with bits of fats on the side.  Yum yum.

Now the steak sauce is a totally different experience. It was tangy version of steak sauce served by expensive steak houses.  It was a perfect combination for the steak.  I tried to deconstruct the taste in my mouth to guess the ingredients and create one for myself, but I failed.  That's ok, I'll just come back for more of that.


If you have a date that's anti-red meat, I recommend the crab stick salad. It's filling and tasty and does not have too much mayo.

4 people ate that day. All ate steaks, with an order of a pitcher of iced tea and crab stick salad. Our bill? Php810. That amount could cover for only one person if it was in one of the more popular steak houses.

Protected by Copyscape Online Infringement Detector